Apple crumble is one our favourite family puddings. It’s a quick and easy dessert for the kids to make and a great warming autumn dessert. If you make up extra crumble topping mix, it also freezes well.
You will need:
- 3 apples (lightly stewed or just peeled and cut into slices)
- 2 tablespoons Golden Syrup
- 225g plain flour
- 150g soft brown sugar
- 75g soft butter
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
How to make the crumble topping:
- Rub the butter and the flour together.
- Add the sugar and baking powder and rub in.
How to make the apple crumble:
- Add the apples to the bottom of a baking dish. Add the golden syrup over the apples.
- Sprinkle the crumble topping over the apples so that the apples are covered.
- Bake at around 180C for around 20 minutes until the topping is golden.
The apple crumble tastes delicious served with some ice cream or natural yoghurt. Add a fan of fresh apple slices for some decoration.